Relaxation is both physical and mental.
I always say that to Spa is not a treatment, but a lifestyle. A wellness lifestyle involves around the clock attention to taking care of our bodies, emotional and spiritual health. Much of our focus is on our daily regimens-eating healthy foods, exercise, and caring for our skin. But what happens when we are traveling?
Over the years I’ve found a number of ways to maintain my personal wellness lifestyle when traveling.
Traveling, especially on an airplane, will certainly take a toll on your skin.
- Before getting on the plane I have a habit of stopping by my favorite health food store and stocking up on healthy snacks for the plane.
- Having snacks (apples, carrots, avocado, kale chips, raw nuts, dark chocolate) keeps me from eating over salted and processed airplane food.
- Traveling can also be an excuse to forget to take essential vitamin supplements. Investing in a supplement travel case helps to keep your program on track.
My skincare regimen stays fairly consistent, but I change it slightly depending on the location I’m traveling to and the weather.
- Environmental factors such as traveling, the seasons, diet, hormones and stress affect your skin.
- Pack a small clear zip-lock bag with all of your travel essentials, including a hydrating cleanser, moisturizer, lip treatment, compact, hand sanitizer and sunscreen.
- My two new travel companions are the Invisible Blotting Powder and Vitamin C Lip Treatment.
- My new blotting powder conditions the skin with Vitamin C & E and provide antioxidant protection. It’s the perfect solution to fresh looking skin at the end of a long flight.
- My Vitamin C Lip Treatment soothes and helps prevent dryness. Jojoba, Avocado Oil and Vitamins C & E add extra protection and prevents chapping.
- Try to drink eight ounces of water for every hour in the air (the trips to the bathroom will be good for your circulation). Once I’m settled in my hotel I take a shower or bath. Bathing always decreases jet lag. If there’s a spa in the hotel, I always ask what skin care they use.
Our next vacation is Japan! You probably already know that Japanese women are really into skin care. I will be visiting spas to see what’s the latest and greatest in Asian Skin Care. I can’t wait to share everything with you in my next blog.
Wishing a Happy Mother’s Day to my mother Renee and all Mothers. Enjoy your day!
“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust